MFRF has provided leadership and raised approximately $2.5 million of funding for projects spanning its mission and vision across three pillars: Research of Treatments and Cures, Education and Genetic Screening, and care through Nursing School Educational programs.
MFRF has celebrated wonderful progress in education, genetic testing, and gene therapy patient trials for many affected children and families with fatal genetic diseases of the brain
Officers and Board of Directors
- President, Mathew Forbes Romer Foundation
- Vice-President: Certara Simcyp Biosimulation Division
- Managing Member of A.J.M. Bio Consulting
- Past-President: National Tay-Sachs and Allied Diseases Association
- Secretary / Treasurer, Mathew Forbes Romer Foundation
- Sr. Product Manager for Motorola Solutions
- Secretary, National Tay-Sachs and Allied Diseases Association
- VP Growth & Development
- Former President, Corporate Media Communications, Inc., NYC;
- Former VP Broadcasting, National Hockey League & Services, NYC
Past Director of Family Services, National Tay-Sachs and Allied Diseases
Pablo Meles, Esq.
Pablo Meles P.A. Intellectual Property and Technology Law
Linda Meran. Esq.
Former Vice President of B’nai B’rith Women International
Team Leader Keller Williams
Edward M. Yorke, Esq.**
- Former Managing Director Lazard, Ltd.
- Member, Board of Trustees, Hospital for Special Surgeries, NY
Richard Gold, Emeritus
Former Executive Vice President, Promise Healthcare Corporation
Larry Lemanski, PhD, Emeritus
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, Texas A&M University
Lois Siegel *, Emeritus
Medical / Scientific Advisory Board
Mislen Bauer, MD, FACMG
Director, Medical Genetics Miami Children’s Hospital
Richard Bennett, DO, FAPP
Partner, Pediatric Associates
R. Rodney Howell, MD, FAAP, FACMG
- Emeritus professor and chairman of pediatrics
- Emeritus member of the Hussman Institute for Human Genomics at the
- University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
- Founding chair of the congressionally-mandated Secretary’s Advisory Committee on Heritable Disorders in Newborns and Children
Marcella M. Rutherford, Ph.D., M.B.A., M.S.N., R.N
Dean of the Nova Southeastern University Ron and Kathy Assaf College of Nursing
Marlaine C. Smith, RN, Ph.D.,AHN-BC, FAAN
Former Dean of the Chrstine E. Lynn College of Nursing, Florida Atlantic University
Neal Weinreb, MD
Director, University Research Foundation for Lysosomal storage Diseases
Anne Boynkin, Ph.D.
Stuart Horowitz, Ph.D.
Shane Palmer, MS, CGC
Anwar Vardag, MD
CEO of Baron Delivery on Demand
Joan Deoul, Esq.
Retired global contracts attorney
Neil Eisenband, CPA
Fmr. Congressman Ron Klein, Esq.
Partner Holland & Knight Law Firm
Judy Levis Krug
Rabbi Dan Levin
Senior Rabbi Temple Beth El of Boca Raton
- President of National Tay-Sachs and Allied Diseases
- Masters of Social Work and Youth Grief Counselor
Lisa Math B.S.,CRPS-F
Co-Director, Family S.T.A.R. & United Families for Children’s Mental Health Network Family Network on Disabilities
Business Development at Adobe
Richard Robbins, MD
Neal Roher, Esq.
|| OUR STORIES ||
MFRF has celebrated
wonderful progress in gene therapy patient trials, education, and genetic testing for many affected children and families with fatal genetic diseases of the brain. Still, there is so much more to do, including earlier detection and expanding treatment availability.